School washroom failities
Over the years, we’ve confronted many issues linked to communal toilet facilities in schools. Lavatories are traditionally the focus for vandalism, bullying, smoking and other undesirable activities and so, to reduce the opportunities for these activities, the current focus is on producing more open areas.
You might wonder
- How can we offer seclusion & privacy to pupils whilst monitoring the general areas?
- How easy is it to provide unisex facilities if we want to; what are the pros and cons?
- Is it possible to provide strong, resilient facilities but avoid the timeworn institutional appearance of toilet blocks from the past?
- How do we transform potentially scary surroundings into areas more comfortable for pupils?
- Can we brighten the appearance of washrooms without the need for constant maintenance and refurbishment?
- What can we do about environmental sustainability and eco-friendly concerns?
- How do we do this in a cost-effective way?
Please click on the thumbnails below to examine each age range in detail.